Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

What the What???


It all started when I felt nauseous... For several weeks, I felt sick almost every day. I chalked it up to my Diabetes as I usually did because my medications and fluctuating blood sugars would sometimes make my stomach churn. Then one day, I said to Steve that I really wasn't feeling well and maybe I should go to the doctor. He said, "Do you think maybe you're pregnant?" Honestly, it was something I hadn't even thought about! When I have thought that in the past, the pregnancy tests would have a negative result. We bought them any way and I said that I would test the next morning.
The next day was Father's Day! Ironic, don't ya think? I took one pregnancy test before he woke up... I passed with flying colors!!! The look of shock on my face was priceless I'm sure and I was excited, happy, nervous, and cautious all at the same time. I knew that these things come up false positive all the time so I vowed that I would test again the next time I had to use the bathroom. I didn't say anything to Steve yet when he woke up because I wanted to take the second test first. I kissed Steve good morning, gave him his Father's day gifts (a plug in video game system that has Pac Man and Dig Dug on it! Yankees tickets for the game that day!) He was so happy that he didn't think to ask me if I took the pregnancy test. While he was playing the video game, I took the second test... positive again! I couldn't wait to tell Steve any longer.
I felt like a teenager. My guy playing video games in the bedroom while I'm freaking out in the bathroom. I brought the two sticks into Steve and said, "I have one more present for you"... I put the sticks in his hand. I wish I had recorded the look on his face! He looked at the sticks, then at me repeatedly. He was so happy as he hugged and kissed me. What a great Father's Day!!

0 comments on "What the What???"

 

The New Ferrara Family Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Baby Ferrara Blog Designed by Stephen Ferrara | All Image Presented by The Ferraras