Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Telling the family



We couldn't wait to tell my parents that they were going to be grandparents again! Steve took a picture of me holding the two pregnancy tests, then we emailed the picture to my parents. I called them Father's Day morning pretty much immediately after we found out. I said Happy Father's Day to my dad and he commented on how early it was in CA. I told him that I knew he'd be up so I wanted to call early because we were going to be busy that day. I tried very casually to ask him if he had checked his email yet that day. He said he would check it later and I was insistent that he check it NOW. He handed the phone over to my mom who talked to me while my dad retrieved his email on his phone. As I was talking to my mom, my dad pulled up the email and tried to open the attachment... I was bursting out of my skin with excitement. The next thing I hear is my dad saying, "She's holding two sticks." My mom says, "What do you mean she's holding two stiiii... oh! OH!! Congratulations!" she screamed. My dad said it was the best Father's Day gift I could have given him.
Next we called Steve's brother John. In true John fashion, he was more subdued but was very excited for us and told us congratulations and Mazel Tov repeatedly. I wanted to wait to tell my sisters until it was confirmed by the doctor on Thursday but that seemed light years away. Both Andrea and Debi screamed and said that were very happy for me and excited to have a new niece or nephew on the way. I wanted to wait to tell my own niece and nephew as well as my stepdaughter until I was further along and "out of the woods". It felt amazing to tell family about our news... but I am still SO excited to tell my friends! But they will have to wait...

0 comments on "Telling the family"

 

The New Ferrara Family Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Baby Ferrara Blog Designed by Stephen Ferrara | All Image Presented by The Ferraras